Wednesday, May 7, 2008

I met the President!!!!

Me and the baby!

The President!!! And I talked to Secretary of Defense Robert Gates, and we had breakfast at the White House, and a concert by the Marine Corps Band, and a concert by the country singing group Vassar, and a personal tour of the White House (picture me yelling all this out of excitement - cause I am)!!!!!! I have napkins with the White House seal, and pictures, and cups, and the Military Spouse Appreciation Proclamation - I have WHITE HOUSE NAPKINS!!!!!!! I'm BUSTING!!!

I can't believe that I had that opportunity! It was INCREDIBLE!!!!!!

I was able to introduce myself to Robert Gates and talk to him about the Old Man and the new bill that transfers unused military GI education benefits to spouses!!! And the President and I shook hands and exchanged small talk that he concluded with, "God bless you and thank you for your service!!!" I can't believe it!

Here are some really great pictures! I have to go pinch myself now! :)



This is a pic someone else took of him chatting with me!

The President shaking hands with everyone
The President with the Military Spouse Volunteers of the Year

Our presidential breakfast!!!

The Vassar Band

The President making his remarks (see speech below)
Secretary of Defense, Secretary Robert Gates and I

The President's Own, Marine Corps Band

The White House State Room dining room

4 comments:

Christie O. said...

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am in awe of you at times. How exciting is this !! Momulla.

Anonymous said...

you look so cute with your little baby bump!! So excited! How awesome would it have been if the president rubbed your belly? Or would that have been weird? Either way that's great that you got to meet him.

Sonny said...

Wow, this sounds so exciting! And you look quite happy!

Hugs, Sonny